Thursday, April 7, 2011

Time to share care bear :) Feijoa Cake

I tried this great recipe on Thursday.. I found it while searching the web for a scrumilicous Feijoa Cake Recipe. I've modified it slightly in some places. Give it a go. Im telling you, it will come out perfect on first go! I made these into cupcakes...

Feijoa Cake

100g butter (I always use unsalted butter)
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
3-4 large ripe feijoas  ( I used 6 )
1 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp boiling milk (or boiling water) me- full fat milk! :)
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder

Preheat oven to 180 degrees cel.

 Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and beat well.  

Peel and mash feijoas and combine well. 


Dissolve baking soda in hot milk then add to the mix.

Place in a greased cake pan (or double lined cupcake cases)
Bake for 30-40 minutess (15-20 minutess for cupcakes)


Makes 16-20 cupcakes.


Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment