Monday, June 13, 2011

Scout was there too!

I had the pleasure of making 'Scout' the Dog for lil v! My friend's daughter who turned one yesterday.
When he approached me with the task, I immediately started buzzing with the idea of a three dimensional version of the dog. Becoming quite eager to experiment, I went and sought advice from the lovely Towina - a cake decorator and cake tin hire heiress (I call her).
My first attempt didnt quite turn out to my liking.... The poor figure's head fell off! On learning my lesson I went a little bit slower with the batter and made sure there weren't any apparent air bubbles and kept a close eye on the temperature of the oven.
I had a great time making Scout's colours! Shaping fondant into his beautiful blue collar, writing his name and painting his learning paws remind me of Art School.
Thank you Shanil and Nisha for entrusting me with such a honorable task. It was truly a great pleasure!


No comments:

Post a Comment